In recent years, international airfreight of horses has become a regular occurrence among the sport, breeding and racing industries.
These industries operate on a truly global scale and crossing international boundaries is a specialised service requiring the need for safety, reliability, knowledge and personal care.
Equine International Airfreight is able to secure space on regular scheduled freight routes serviced by reputable airlines.
Alternatively, depending on the routing, number of horses and client preferences, we can, for large number of horses, charter an entire aircraft to service non standard freight routes.
We seek to work with airlines throughout the globe to ensure that your horse moves as swiftly as possible to their final destination.
Whilst many destinations of the world are served by freight carriers on a scheduled flight basis, there are a number of destinations where scheduled service cargo flights are not available or there is insufficient space or seating for flying grooms on the aircraft, in which case we will work with airlines to seek alternative options so that your needs are met.
Prior to the flight your horse will be loaded into an Air Stall which ensures horses are safely contained whilst on the aircraft.
Non-slip ramps ensure smooth and safe loading of your horses. The stall is well ventilated, has plenty of head room and can accommodate three large horses. Its internal, full height partitions can be adjusted to vary the width of the stall.
The Air Stall also allows the horse to be safely transferred to and from the aircraft and often have open panels around the top of the stall to allow for airflow.
The Air stalls vary slightly depending on the make and model of the aircraft however their dimensions are generally fixed at:
- Length 294cm
- Width 234cm
- Height 232cm
Generally, three horses are loaded into each Air Stall. However, two horses per stall can be arranged based on your budget and preference, and the space will vary accordingly.
3 horses per Air Stall – Described as horse travelling in a SINGLE stall – width approx. 75cm
2 horses per Air Stall – Described as horse travelling in a WIDE stall – width approx. 115 cm
Once inside the aircraft, the horses are in an air-conditioned environment. The flying groom monitors the well-being of your horse and provides feed and water as the animal requires. We do all we possibly can to ensure stress free air travel, so your horse will arrive at its destination in top condition.
- Feed & Water – Your horse will have access to hay, hanging in hay nets throughout the flight. Your horse will also travel with a good supply of water which will be offered throughout the flight.
- Ambient Temperature -The temperature is maintained at 12 – 15 degrees during the flight which ensures comfort for the travelling horses.
- Shavings – Your horse will have a good layer of shavings on the airstall floor
- Tack – Your horse will travel with a Equine International Airfreight branded leather head collar and suitable lead rope.
- Sedation – It is very unusual for a horse to need to be sedated in order to fly. Handled in the correct manner by experienced personnel even those horses that have never flown before are calm and relaxed and do not require medical intervention.
- Your horse is our PRIORITY!
- We only work with reputable carriers with suitable aircraft
- Using the most direct, safest acceptable routings
- Securing the best possible ground handling at arrival, departure and transit airports
- Using only the highest quality air stalls
- Working with the aircraft crew to ensure optimal air circulation throughout the flight
- Using the best flying grooms in the world who will ensure your horse is accompanied throughout the journey